If you are a big fan of Fast And Furious series, then you should invest in such a Uniden R3 Radar Laser Detector. This is the only way to save you from cop’s laser radar eye or bearing speed tickets.
Although it is the fresh version of Uniden R3, and the little bit expensive price, it deserves every penny spent to own this radar detector. This quick Uniden R3 review will uncover the exceptional benefits of Uniden R3 and why you should invest in.
What is Uniden R3 Radar Detector?
Uniden R3 is a long-range radar laser detector. It is one of the distinctive radar detectors in the market. It has released a year ago, but it seems like it collected ex-experiences of the most famous radar detectors in one device.
General Specs of Uniden R3:
- 360 Degree Digital Signal Processor
- GPS With Red Light Camera Alerts
- Quiet Ride – User Set Speed Auto Mute
- K False Filter / KA False Filter
R3 is the second version of R1. There is no R2, by the way. I don’t know why. Maybe they respect the R2 of Star Wars or love odd numbers more than even ones. Anyway, there is no big difference between R1 and R3 (except Smart GPS Chip), and you will discover this right now.
The Main Features of Uniden R3
Actually, Uniden competes for the old famous in Radar Detector markets like Escort and Beltronics, with its features. Let’s take a look:
360 Degree Signal Processor
With such a signal processing there is no blind spot in front of R3. It is perfect for detecting every single sneaker near you.
Uniden R3 Range
Uniden R3 exceeded old giants in radar detectors market. It even surpasses the $2,500 Stinger VIP in range. Imagine what it did with Escort and Beltronics.
False Alert Filtering
The Blind Spot Monitoring Systems (BSM’s) and Collision Avoidance Systems (CAS) cause many problems for radar detectors. Why? There is no radar detector can filter all of them out.
But with the new Uniden R3 with the latest firmware updates, it can easily detect and filter all false alerts. The key here is sensitivity. The more sensitive radar is the more alerts it gets, but which one is a real alert? That’s it.
Uniden R3 tamed them out, and no false alerts with it.
There are no games right here. Updates are the supercritical issue when it comes to Radar Detection. Firmware updates are a database that has built by Uniden buyers’ requests and complaints.
Till now, Uniden customer support is doing great. They are listening to what we have to say and adding new features based on our feedback for the most common requests and complaints that we are bringing up.
Firmware Updates are easy to download from Uniden website. What you will need is a computer with an operating system (Windows or Mac) and USB cable to link Uniden R3 Radar Detector to your PC.
You have a lot of options to configure. It is not just an easy setup to start, but also you have the minimum clicks or touches to choose your preferences. For example, you can easily switch between City and Highway modes without having to go into the main menu.
Through nice and little touches, you can go through a list of many helpful options. It is interesting to find out how many people are wondering about the existence menu options with these simple and direct touches.
Uniden R3 comes with the intelligent GPS chip that helps you a lot in urban areas by more filtering. The main benefit of GPS in a radar detector is discovering where false alerts are located in your town and how to overcome it.
It is a smart system. So, it mutes all false signals like automatic door openers, speed signs, and other stationary sources. Uniden 3 is perfect in such a task, and will not bother you through your journey.
Firstly, you have to teach it where the false alerts after locating their locations to define it. After this defining Uniden R3, itself will mute it when you pass these locations repeatedly.
What if you drive in city traffic or sit at a stop light? The GPS chip holds this issue for you. It allows for low-speed muting to not be bothered by your radar detector, especially in new areas that GPS Lockouts don’t discover yet. There are a lot of people that use this feature more than GPS Lockouts. Generally, the 2 previous features are very important to drive safely and silently.
K False and KA False Filters
This feature eliminates noisy interference from certain older makes of cars (such as Cadillacs). It is important to feature to reduce the false positive radar detection.
Also, it can effectively filter out stationery K-band drone signs that you will often encounter in construction zones.
Check Also: Top Rated Radar Detectors 2018
The Difference between Uniden R1 and Uniden R3
Before going deeply into the differences between Uniden R1 and R3, let’s check what the features they share are.
- The High Performance: Actually, it is not a feature, or it is the main one. Take it as you like. But the distinctive performance of such a laser radar detector shouldn’t be ignored. So, they have the same high performance.
- BSM Filtering Abilities: R3 has the same abilities of Blind Spot Monitoring Systems.
- The Body and Weight: Except Uniden R3 comes with the red color LCD interface while his brother R1 comes with blue one.
Now, let’s go deeply (little bit indeed) in the main difference between Uniden R1 and R3.
- GPS Chip: It is the main difference and the most important one. This raised its price extra $100. It adds some functions that are helpful including:
- GPS Lockouts: We explained these feature very enough above. It can learn and filter out all stationary alerts from speed signs and automatic door openers.
- Low-Speed Muting: If you haven’t this feature you may turn it off to mute its noise. This feature is to keep your detector quiet around town.
- Redlight Camera / Speed Camera Alerts.
- Switching Between City and Highway Modes: In R1 you have a clear “City” button to switch between them in front. In R3 you need to press a long press on “Menu” button to switch between them.
- Mark Button in R3: Instead of “City” mode button of R1, R3 replaced it with “Mark” button. “Mark” button function is for quick and manually marking a GPS location, and so you can get alerted next time you are here.
- Heartbeat Scanning Display: The R1’s heartbeat scanning display can’t be disabled while the R3 allows you to replace it with the time, set by GPS.
- Data Showing: R1 looks like a limited option of data display. It just displays the vehicle voltage, while R3 has many options to show up like compass, speed, altitude, or even your vehicle voltage. All of the previous options are manually changed according to your preferences.
Conclusion of Uniden R3 Laser Radar Detector
Uniden R3 Extreme Long Range Radar Laser Detector GPS, 360 Degree, DSP, Voice Alert is a new giant between old radar detectors in the market. Its price is cool compared with other radar detectors with the same features.
Its customer support is brilliant and smart. They are keen to know every single notice about their Uniden radar detector versions and update their device and system.
Uniden R3 Laser Radar Detector is a good deal for who wants to gather high-quality performance and affordable price.