- 0.1 What is Apple CarPlay?
- 0.2 Why should I buy a Best Apple CarPlay Stereo?
- 1 The List Of 10 Best Apple CarPlay Stereo
- 1.1 1. Pioneer AppRadio 4 SPH-DA120 6.2-Inch:
- 1.2 2. Alpine ILX-007 In-Dash System with Apple CarPlay:
- 1.3 3. Sony XAV-AX100 6.4″ Car Play/Android Auto Media Receiver:
- 1.4 4. Pioneer SPH-DA100 AppRadio Car Stereo with iPhone:
- 1.5 5. Pioneer SPH-DA120 Smartphone Receiver w/ 6.2″:
- 1.6 6. JVC KW-M730BT 6.8″ In-Dash Car Bluetooth Receiver Android:
- 1.7 7. Kenwood DMX7704S 2-DIN Digital Media Receiver:
- 1.8 8. Clarion NX706 2-DIN DVD Multimedia Station:
- 1.9 9. Pioneer AVH4200NEX 2-DIN Receiver with 7″ Motorized:
- 1.10 10. JVC KW-V830BT Double DIN Bluetooth In-Dash:
Choosing the best Apple CarPlay Stereo is not an easy mission. There are dozens of them out there. Of course, there are specified brands (actually, we are going to talk about them right here) but confusion remains.
In this article (it is a bit long), I’m going to take you step-by-step in this market. Despite the length of the article, it will shorten the road for you. So, get your coffee and relax. I’m going to lead you from the very first point.
What is Apple CarPlay?
Apple CarPlay is the way that Apple invented to help car drivers to use their iPhones without leaving the steering wheel in dangerously way like it happens by using the mobile itself.
Now, by using a LED display in your car, you can easily enjoy your phone features while you driving your car. By this device, you can call/answer calls, receive/send messages, listen to your audios, check maps to get directions, and much more. All of previous is smoothly happens while you still focus on the road without endangering your life or the lives of others to unexpected accidents.
This is the main idea of Best Apple CarPlay Stereo: The safe use of your iPhone with the more concentration on the road.
Check Our List Of The Top 10 Best CcarPlay Head Unit 2017
|Pioneer AppRadio 4 SPH-DA120 6.2-Inch||Pioneer
|Pioneer SPH-DA120 Smartphone Receiver w/ 6.2″
|Clarion NX706 2-DIN DVD Multimedia Station
|Pioneer AVH4200NEX 2-DIN Receiver with 7″ Motorized
|JVC KW-V830BT Double DIN Bluetooth In-Dash||JVC||$$$||
What are the benefits of Best Apple CarPlay Stereo?
Again, using such a device makes your life easier. Imagine the following benefits while your eyes and hands stay where they belong:
- Multiple Control Options: If you are a classic man who likes to twist knobs or move buttons, Best Apple CarPlay Stereo is well designed to give you this option. Or you like to feel the familiarity of using iPhone by touching screen. Or you like more comfort by dealing with Siri. All these options are available.
- Maps Capabilities: Apple CarPlay is designed basically for cars. So, maps are a basic tool to drive you to required directions. Smart Apple Maps is reading your contacts, emails, text messages, and calendar to predict your direction and suggest you. Moreover, in the case of you need to eat, fuel, take your coffee, and more, Apple Maps suggests the nearest and best according to your preferences.
- Siri is always active. Just Ask: Siri is active and standby for you. You have to ask her for help and then you got what you want without leaving steering wheel.
- Messages Power with Siri: Ask Siri what you want and you will find help. Siri can read messages, reply to it, dictate your voice message to write it correctly, and finally send this reply.
- +200 Models: Apple had partnered with more than 200 car manufacturers to support Best Apple CarPlay Stereo. Even if you didn’t find your car among these cars, you can use Best Apple CarPlay Stereo.
The list may go longer if we wanted to talk about the benefits of Best Apple CarPlay Stereo. Still wondering why should you buy one?
Why should I buy a Best Apple CarPlay Stereo?
Life goes on and becomes smarter and easier. All inventions that humanity had invented from start till the 80s of the last century are incomparable with the revolution of telecommunication of the last years of the twentieth century and first decade of the 21st century. And who can imagine what our life will be next 10 or 20 years?
I called that: Waste of Possibilities.
These inventions had been created for you to make your life easier and smarter. Why do you ignore or neglect them? On the contrary: Use and enjoy them.
Furthermore, we should take care of the factor of safety. Many accidents happened because of the lack of attention to road and steering wheel. By few buttons in this wheel, or little clicks on the display screen of your Best Apple CarPlay Stereo, or even by making some orders to Siri, your driving is completely safe.
The List Of 10 Best Apple CarPlay Stereo
The following list is carefully chosen to help you in taking the right decision. You will find both of cheap and expensive, A1 brands and most common, the Best Apple CarPlay Stereo that matches your needs and what is going beyond, and more.
Read this list carefully and choose the best one that fits your car and requirements. So, let’s start……..
Pioneer is a pioneer in many things, but is it really pioneer in Apple CarPlay Stereo? We shall see.
The first thing you notice is its 6.2″ capacitive touchscreen display. I think you may look at it as a small touchscreen but at least it is close to the size of iPhone 6 Plus and wide enough to feel comfortable with it. The built-in Bluetooth gives you more freedom. It gives your hands-free calling and audio streaming more easiness.
Of course, it comes with Best Apple CarPlay Stereo which is compatible with iPhone 5, 5s, 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s plus, and 7.
It is a smart compatible option for many operating systems. As it works with iPhone, it does the same with Android. Also, it is compatible with MirrorLink and Siri Eyes Free. Yes, it is a positive feature; it is not an Apple Exclusive CarPlay Stereo.
MirrorLink feature may require buying some separate hardware to get the best use of this feature.
Moreover, Pioneer AppRadio plays a lot of video formats that may not available in other CarPlay Stereos.
Pioneer AppRadio 4 SPH-DA120 Pros and Cons:
Pioneer AppRadio 4 SPH-DA120 Rating on Amazon:
Pioneer AppRadio 4 SPH-DA120 got 3.7 stars on 253 Amazon customer reviews (47% of them are 5 stars), and its best rank is #36 in Electronics > Car Electronics > Car Video > In-Dash DVD & Video Receivers.
Alpine looks interesting with its mark (007). Does it remind you, someone? I guess so. Well, Alpine ILX-007 is an exclusive Apple CarPlay. Yes, it is designed specifically for iPhone (Versions: 5 or newer) users to work with Apple CarPlay.
Alpine is not so famous as a pioneer but it works well with your iPhone. It has a built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels).
It comes with 7-inch high resolution (800 x 3 x 480) touchscreen display with USB charging capability (Transparent Type TN LCD). All of these features come with full white LED illumination system backlighting.
Alpine Apple CarPlay supported established apps by Apple and updated with Best Apple CarPlay Stereo news.
Is there something to worry about? Unfortunately, Yes. There is no control buttons compatibility on your steering wheel. That means you have only 2 options: Using your hand, or asking Siri to help you. But Alpine CarPlay stereo is compatible with any vehicle that has steering wheel controls to sync with.
Alpine ILX-007 Apple CarPlay Pros & Cons:
Alpine ILX-007 Apple CarPlay Rating on Amazon:
Alpine ILX-007 got 3.7 stars on 26 Amazon customer reviews (54% of them are 5 stars) and its best rank is #180 in Electronics > Car Electronics > Car Audio > Digital Media Receivers.
Sony is like Pioneer, a trusted brand in the electronics industry. By the way, Sony XAV-AX100 got 2 advanced positions in Amazon categorization as we are going to explain.
Sony XAV-AX100 is simply described as a CarPlay/Android Auto Media Receiver with Bluetooth. So, it works with both Apple CarPlay and Android. And with both operating systems you can use voice control. It comes with manual controls buttons on the left side of the dashboard.
Its touchscreen is 6.4 inch. So, it comes in medium size between Pioneer and Alpine. Its sound is a very powerful sound with the 4×55 W Dynamic Reality Amp. Also, it comes with Dynamic Stage Organizer that helps you to create virtual speakers on your dashboard.
Do you have a rear camera in the back of your car? Well, Sony XAV is compatible with the rear camera, and you can easily reverse with the instruction of outlined view on the screen. This gives you a smoothly and safely reversing of your car.
Sony XAV-AX100 6.4″ Pros & Cons:
- The appropriate manual controls the left side.
- It comes with 55 watts peak output.
- Compatible with both of Apple CarPlay and Android smartphones.
- It has a smaller profile than most to be more fit with smaller dashes.
- Its screen is small but not the smallest in the market (6.4 inches).
- It comes with only 5 output channels (standard in the market is 6 channels).
- It gives 17 watts per channel.
Sony XAV-AX100 6.4″ Rating on Amazon:
Sony XAV-AX100 6.4″ Car Play/Android Auto Media Receiver with Bluetooth got 4.2 stars on 66 Amazon customer reviews (54% of them are 5 stars) and it got 2 brilliant ranks in Amazon categorization, the rank #11 in Electronics > Car Electronics > Car Audio > Digital Media Receivers and the rank #39 in Electronics > Car Electronics > Car Audio > Car Stereo Receivers.
It is the second Pioneer in this list. I believe in Pioneer, so you will meet this brand again on this list, and I will show you why.
Its touchscreen display is wider than previous one. It is 7-inch WVGA Capacitive touchscreen. Its resolution is 800 x 480 pixels and works with multi-touch operation. It comes with built-in MOSFET 50W x 4 amplifier and FM/is radio tuner with RDS direct control for iPod or iPhone.
Pioneer SPH-DA100 is the only version of this list that compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPod Touch 4th generation with included cable for each of them. The external GPS antenna enhances the positioning accuracy. Also, it is compatible with rear-view camera input.
Pioneer SPH-DA100 AppRadio Car Stereo Pros & Cons:
Pioneer SPH-DA100 AppRadio Car Stereo Rating on Amazon:
Pioneer SPH-DA100 AppRadio Car Stereo got 3.3 stars on 103 Amazon customer reviews (25% of them are 5 stars) and its rank in Amazon categorization is very weak to be notified here.
Say hello the 3rd Pioneer in this list. Pioneer SPH-DA120 is like his previous brother with some differences. First of all, its touchscreen is smaller than DA100, it is 6.2 inch. Second, it supports a wide range of Android smartphones. Third, it is packaged together with the TE-BPC License Plate Frame.
It works with both of Apple CarPlay and Android. It comes with Bluetooth and Siri Eyes Free, plus Pandora FLAC audio support, and finally On-Screen Access to compatible apps.
This type of Pioneer, Best Apple CarPlay Stereo is not so famous as other types of Pioneer. So, you will not find a lot of reviews about it on Amazon.
Pioneer SPH-DA120 Smartphone Receiver w/ 6.2″ got 3.6 stars of 4 Amazon customer reviews.
JVC is one of the giants of the electronics market. It is a reputable brand. We all remember the beginning of JVC with audio electronics and it looks like that JVC is going to enhance this reputation.
Actually, JVC KW-M730BT 6.8″ is one of the best. JVC respects its audio electronics history. So, the best feature of JVC CarPlay is the preamp. It provides the standard 6 channels with 50 watts of maximum output. When you know that JVC gives 22 watts for per channel, you then understand me when I talk about history and reputation.
JVC CarPlay gives you the ability to sync 2 devices at the same time. Of course, you will not be able to use both devices simultaneously, but it gives you the ability to switch between them without pause or restarting.
Its display is ideal. It is 6.8 inches wide VGA touchscreen display. It is not big like Alpine 7″ or small like Pioneer 6.2″. Actually, it is ideal.
Finally, its price is competitive among other giants with features like these.
JVC KW-M730BT 6.8″ Pros & Cons:
- Ideal Display of 6.8 inch
- It gives you 22 watts per channel
- You can use 2 different smartphones at the same time.
- It comes with few inputs less than others
- There are no real manual controls
- It doesn’t play video files
JVC KW-M730BT 6.8″ Rating on Amazon:
JVC KW-M730BT 6.8″ In-Dash Car Bluetooth Receiver Android, Carplay, Dual USB, EQ got 3.2 stars of 7 Amazon customer reviews (29% of them are 5 stars), and the rank #36 in Electronics > Car Electronics > Car Audio > Digital Media Receivers.
Kenwood is the most versatile CarPlay in this list. Also, Kenwood is a well-known brand in the electronics market. It comes with many features that you may not need it, but it is still there to use anytime. So, it is the most expensive CarPlay Stereo in this list. The technology that Kenwood uses in its products made them high level in both possibilities and price.
Let’s take a look for Kenwood and discover how it meets its high price:
- It works with both Apple CarPlay and Android operating systems.
- It comes with Built-in Bluetooth for audio streaming and hands-free calls.
- Its display is 6.95-inch touchscreen (I don’t know why this size exactly, why not 7″ or why not 6.9″ for example. Anyway, you will not notice this 0.05″. Consider it as 7 inches).
- Display and command of select navigation, music, and other apps for Android and iPhone.
- Also, Pandora and heart radio is controlled by iPhone and Android.
- It comes with Siri Eyes Free with selected versions of iPhones.
- It has screen mirroring with selected types of iPhone and Android models.
- You can charge your mobile whatever it is (iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Android) via USB port.
- And of course, 6 channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub).
- Parking grid lines with a rearview camera for reversing movement.
- …………..and more.
As a mentioned above, Kenwood DMX7704S has many features that you may not need but still the strongest Best Apple CarPlay Stereo in the market.
Kenwood DMX7704S Pros & Cons:
- HD 6.95 inch display
- A lot of input channels
- It offers 22 watts per channel
- It has a lot of manual buttons
- Difficult installation with more steps
Kenwood DMX7704S Rating on Amazon:
Unfortunately, it looks like that Kenwood is freshly added and so you couldn’t find real reviews about it. But the 2 customers that reviewed gave it 5 stars.
What surprised me is that Kenwood got the rank #83 in Electronics > Car Electronics > Car Audio > Digital Media Receivers though its sales.
Actually, this item doesn’t belong on this list. It doesn’t support CarPlay or Android Auto. But Clarion is the perfect option for a tight budget. Before ignoring this item, let’s take a look.
What do you want from Apple CarPlay Unit or Android Auto more than what Clarion provide?
Simply, Clarion NX706 can be easily connected to your smartphone – whatever its kind – and gives you the most common features you need. If your mobile is iPhone, it will work easily with Siri Eyes Free to give you more comfort. If yours is Android, it will, too.
Its display touchscreen is 7 inch with a resolution of 480 and this is a big advantage is existent only in Alpine of this list. It has the standard 6 channel preamp with 20 watts per channel, but it can only push totally 45 watts. Also, it comes with USB for more connectivity for MP3, WMA, AAC, and more. The distinctive feature of Clarion NX706 is the capability of a wide range of file format.
Clarion NX706 Pros & Cons:
Clarion NX706 Rating on Amazon:
Clarion NX706 got 4 stars on 10 Amazon customer reviews (60% of them are 5 stars), and its best rank in Amazon categorization is the rank #219 in Electronics > Accessories & Supplies > GPS System Accessories > Chargers & Cables
Pioneer again, but I promise; it is the last one on this list. Pioneer wants to beat all of his competitors or dominate this market.
Let’s take a look…….
It is the first Best Apple CarPlay Stereo in this list that comes with DVD/CD receiver (internal amp – 14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels). It gives you the ability of hands-free calling and audio streaming through the Built-in Bluetooth feature. Pioneer AVH4200NEX supports 2 phones at the same time, so if you have iPhone and Android phone, you will have the ability to easily switch between them.
For iPhones, Siri eyes free is working with compatible versions of iPhones, plus it has a built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control. Also, it works with SiriusXM Sxv300 tuner beside the support of new tune mix, weather, and traffic now.
Pioneer AVH4200NEX Pros & Cons:
Pioneer AVH4200NEX Rating on Amazon:
Pioneer AVH4200NEX got 4.5 stars of 138 Amazon customer reviews (71% of them are 5 stars), and its best ranks in Amazon categorization are the rank #13 in Electronics > Car Electronics > Car Video > In-Dash DVD & Video Receivers, and the rank #204 in Electronics > Car Electronics > Car Audio.
It is second and last JVC and the last of this list. JVC KW-V830BT deserves to be the last in this list.
JVC KW-V830BT is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Also, it comes with CD/CD-R/RW, DVD/DVD-R/RW Playback plus CD text information display and MP3 ID3 tag display. The touchscreen is 6.8 inch LCD panel. The audio playback is high resolution.
JVC KW-V830BT has the ability to connect with 2 smartphones at the same time and switch between them easily and perfectly.
JVC KW-V830BT Pros & Cons:
JVC KW-V830BT Rating on Amazon:
JVC KW-V830BT got 3.5 stars of 6 Amazon customer reviews (one of them is 5 stars rating).
Conclusion of the 10 Best Apple CarPlay Stereo
You can buy an Apple CarPlay Stereo with the advantage of Android compatibility. Read this list carefully and check the following:
- The size of your product especially the size of the touchscreen.
- Check the features you need and compare with others.
- Check your budget.
These 3 simple steps will help you to overcome the lack of choosing one of the 10 Best Apple CarPlay Stereo on this list.